September 19, 2022
Lynn Housing Authority & Neighborhood Development
Public Housing Manager
- PRIMARY GOAL: Maintain the development in physically sound and financially viable condition within a safe neighborhood for all tenants. Acting as a Liaison between the HA and Tenants.
2. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains the development in an attractive and physically sound and financially viable condition. Acting as a Liaison between HA and Tenants.
- Ensures that both tenants and the housing authority carry out all responsibilities established by lease.
- Establishes and maintains two-way communication with tenant.
- Works with appropriate parties to increase neighborhood safety.
- Works closely with the RSC, to increase the accessibility of social services to tenant families.
- Assist Executive Office in completing annual PHAS reports.
- Assists in the development of PHA plans and attends all public meetings and hearings.
- Assists in all grant writing and reporting activities or to provide information that is viable for applying for grants.
- Assist in preparation of Federal Public Housing Budgets.
- Acts as LHAND Hearing Officer as needed.
3. ILLUSTRATIVE DUTIES
- Conducts annual re-examination of tenant income.
- Conducts annual and exiting inspections. Monitors to ensure repairs are completed in a timely fashion.
- Supervises maintenance of tenant files in auditable form.
- Meets with new tenants for lease signing and occupancy orientation.
- Monitors turnaround of vacant apartments to ensure average turnaround of no more than 15 days.
- Enforces lease provisions. Initiates legal action leases violations.
- Conducts rent collection activities and ensures timely response to late payers. Monthly balancing of accounts receivable in a timely manner. Pursues legal action with housing authority attorney providing information and assistance as required.
- Conducts weekly inspections of grounds and common areas. Ensures that decencies are corrected by staff or tenant as appropriate.
- Monitors response from maintenance department to tenant and staff maintenance requests.
- Works to establish avenues of communication with tenants. Works with tenants to resolve problems related to rent payment or other tenancy issues. Meets with Wall Plaza Resident Service Coordinator on a daily basis.
- Supervises the provision of social services on site, making necessary referrals to on-site-RSC for tenants assistance needed in connection with available services on and off site.
- Maintains physical presence, visibility within development as well as being accessible.
- Conducts periodic community meetings at lease quarterly to provide information and obtains tenant perspectives on such topics as proposed operating budgets, proposed modernization plans, local issues affecting Wall Plaza tenants and the PHA Plan.
- Works with Facilities/Construction staff. Assists in developing tenant participation in Modernization planning. Assists in coordination of all Facilities/Construction activities on site as needed.
- Works with state and local police as required preventing or halting criminal-activity within the development. Engage in periodic meetings/phone contact with on-site Security, regarding any and all activities within the development.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of HUD regulations for conventional public housing.
- Completes appropriate HUD reports.
- Interacts with Rental Assistance and HIP staff regarding hearing requests.
- Schedules and conducts hearings, and renders hearing decisions in writing.
- Completes other duties as required.
Job Type: Full-time
The Lynn Housing Authority
10 Church Street
Lynn, MA 019012
ATTN: John Ladd
The Lynn Housing Authority is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”