Information for Landlords

Discrimination by a landlord is prohibited

Landlords should be aware that Chapter 151B of the Massachusetts General Laws prohibits discrimination by a landlord against any tenant receiving federal, state, or local housing subsidies, including rental assistance or rental supplements, because the individual is such a recipient.

A landlord’s refusal to accept emergency rental assistance, that covers the entire amount owed to the landlord, may, in some circumstances, constitute a violation of Chapter 151B. Landlords should consult their own legal counsel for advice before declining rental assistance that covers all outstanding rent arrears.

Landlords can begin the application process for their tenants who may need to request financial assistance for overdue rent.

If you are a landlord/property owner applying for Emergency Housing Payment Assistance (i.e., ERAP, RAFT, or ERMA) on behalf of your tenant, you must ask that your tenant complete and sign THIS FORM. Please note that some sections of the form must be completed by the landlord/property owner.

Property owners may also be eligible for mortgage assistance if they are at risk of foreclosure on their primary residence. Use the same application below to apply.

Programs & Resources

erap, raft, and erma programs
Maria Helping
couple renting a house

Other Programs


Follow Us: